Tuesday, September 13, 2011

Baby Got Back...aka I'm Back!

I know way back when that I had said I'd keep up with my blogging once the school year started, but I've been back at school for just about a month and this is my first post...oops! I promise to keep them coming more frequently, and I feel like as my workload picks up so will my blogging due to my crazy proneness to procrastination.

I'll probably be doing more witty commentary on life than anything else, but for tonight's post I decided to dig into my archives (ahem photos on my camera from this summer) and pull up a picture of the last cupcake I baked over the summer. Unfortunately I have lost track of the recipe that I used (which isn't that unfortunate since the cupcakes turned out nothing like I would have expected or ever wanted), but I have a picture and some thoughts! I had really wanted to make and master a yellow cake recipe. I did the first part of that statement and am definitely still working on the second. I also wanted more of a fudge icing (which as you can tell by the picture I didn't necessarily produce). Long story short -- I ended up with cupcakes that were slightly crumbly and tasted oddly similar to corn muffins (I didn't hate it, but it definitely wasn't a highlight for me). You can see the photo below!

I really hope y'all enjoy the scenic shot as much as I enjoyed setting it up (totally sarcastic...but it does look pretty...at least I think so!)!

Lastly for a brief life update: Gus is now six months old and already a whopping 58 pounds...he's definitely going to be a big boy! He's taken to following my mom around the house and has risen to the title of full-fledged spoiled brat in that he gets to sleep out of his crate now and basically gets whatever he wants whenever he wants it. I'm loving life lately with my roommates, and you can be sure that you'll be hearing about many of our late night pow wows, great movies that we watch (might I recommend "Phat Girlz" starring Mo'nique...it's definitely one for the ages), and general fun that we all have together!

No comments:

Post a Comment